Thursday, October 18, 2012

My 135lb Squats

Squats are a great exercise for your glutes and your legs. Just make sure that you're pressing down with your heels and not with your toes. Don't want to strain your knees or ankles. A good trick is lifting your toes up to make sure you're not using the balls of your feet.

Make sure you're stretching before and warming up as well. And if you need a spotter, get one. Better safe than sorry. 

CLICK ON THAT LINK BELOW. Thanks to my oh-so-amazing boyfriend, Hoang T., for recording this video for me. (HOPEFULLY THIS WORKS. I've been trying to upload this video for about an hour now....what a pain.)






6 comments:

  1. Might sound stupid but how does one spot someone whose squatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I spot her I stand behind her and help her lift by putting my hands on her hips and spotting her there for guy I stand behind and help with my hands underneathe the bar. Doesn't usually take much to help

      Delete
    2. pretty much what he said! lol thanks for the quick reply, baby <3

      Delete
  2. oh man. Alina! Can you post the video through YouTube instead? Facebook videos runs a little slow for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask that when you say "A good trick is lifting your toes up to make sure you're not using the balls of your feet.", isn't lifting with your heels essentially using the balls of your feet? Otherwise, how would you feel that you're lifting with your heels exactly?

    ReplyDelete