Saturday, October 13, 2012

My 2-a-day Workout and some other info

So before I start, I just wanna tell everyone that:

1. I'm not a professional (YET!!) and everything that I personally write down is from my own experiences and it's worked for me.
2. The workouts that I do may need to be modified for you, based on any injury or whatever else that could effect your form.
3. YOUR FORM IS IMPORTANT when you're doing a workout. There is a fine line between challenging yourself and hurting yourself and it's NOT okay to jeopardize your safety.

AND NOW...the fun part:

This morning, I went to Nike Training Club (my addiction) at 9:15am at the 24 Hour Fitness in Frisco. Warming up, we jogged, did walking lunges, and sideway slides. We worked shoulders, abs, arms, legs, and did cardio. This NTC class consisted of burpees, squats, pulsing lunges, planks, mountain climbers, and high jumps. We also did several other explosive exercises. My thing is: doing explosive exercises is one of the BEST ways to slim down and tone up. NTC has been my addiction for almost a year now. I started off with a Wednesday night class in Allen, and I hardly ever miss it cuz my trainer there, Danielle, is AMAZING. if you ever get a chance, you should join me on Wednesday nights in Allen at 24 Hour Fitness at 7:30pm. It's only an hour, but it's definitely a tough hour...but so worth it!

After my morning NTC class, I had three flag football games (12pm, 1pm, and 3pm) and those were great for cardio. Since I was rushing for parts of it, it's a great workout for my full body because it's a sudden explosion of speed. We won all three of our games, by the way :)

After football, I hit the gym up again. Warmed up with: 50 lateral pull downs, 50 bodyweight squats, 50 pushups, and 50 sit-ups. You can finish those in as many sets as it takes you, but make sure to push yourself and don't rest too long in-between! Then went on to superset (3 sets) bench press on the flat bench (65lbs, 10 reps), bent-over rows (45lb plate, 10 reps), and leg lifts into hip extension on the flat bench (20 reps). After that was weighted abs into lunges (forward lunges and side lunges). Then I did some pike roll outs (I will probably make a video for this later because it's one of the BEST ab exercises for you). Threw in some weighted russian twists (10lbs) and stretched my legs and back.

IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO STRETCH BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR WORKOUT! (I'll probably make a video about how I stretch sometime soon for you)

ALSO!!!! I tried this one out for the first time yesterday for 30 seconds at the end of my workout. GREAT FOR SHOULDERS, LEGS, and ABS!! Thanks Antonio for recording! (He only got the last part of it though lol and i'm hoping the video works)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that reminder! I think some people do not know the importance of warming up before exercising. They tend to skip that part and get on with their workouts. Warm up exercises reduce the risk of injury. It also safely prepares the body for the increased demands of exercises. [Brandon Pepper]

    ReplyDelete